The future of the internet is 3D, and people will increasingly create and express themselves with 3D. Sloyd is using automation to make the creation of 3D faster, more accessible, and more efficient. We are building a simple-to-use web app for 3D creation, and a Software Development Kit for performance efficient runtime creation in video games and virtual worlds.
Sloyd is combining procedural generation techniques, machine learning and a commitment to real-time optimization to provide the best 3D automation tools.
The Sloyd team is globally distributed and fully remote. Working remotely gives you flexibility in defining your work hours. To thrive in a remote working environment you need to be proactive, collaborative, available and communicative.
Roles and responsibilities
Sloyd tech stack goes across a few domains:
Web stack with interface, database and APIs (React JS for FE. In the process of moving the backend to node.js).
- Geometry algorithms and graphic programing (C#)
- 3D rendering and visualization (Unity, C#, three.js)
- Machine Learning (Python..)
You will work across the whole webstack. From writing and updating APIs to integrating features and building the interface. You have to be skilled in server-side logic and APIs and knowledgeable to a degree with web-stack architecture. You also have to be skilled on front-end development including responsive design and maintaining a design system and detail oriented to work accurately out of wireframes. In addition, you'll be responsible for the web application deployment.
You will work with the designer, product manager and other developers. Since the development team is spread across many areas, you are comfortable with working independently on your area of the code, yet you are also flexible in collaborating and sharing responsibilities with other developers.
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- A degree in CS from a leading university or work experience in a leading tech company or both
- Ability to develop, maintain and contribute to APIs and server-side codeProficiency in node.js
- Knowledge in HTML and CSS
- React experience is a plus
- Familiarity with web application architecture and best practices
- Develop with performance and maintainability in mind
- Live within +/- 2 hours of CET.